We are committed to building whanau capacity to achieve their goals and improving community wide outcomes. The Health Promotion Team has undertaken to identify Champions throughout the Wairoa district – Raupunga / Mohaka (02), Lake Waikaremoana (02), Nuhaka / Mahia (02), Wairoa Township (01) that can be supported to deliver physical activity to their immediate communities.
In partnership with Skills Active we are seeking passionate individuals to undertake and complete a National Certificate in Fitness (Exercise Consultant) Level 3 qualification.
If you have a passion for your whanau and community, love all things physical and have a can do attitude we would like to hear from you.
Successful Champions will:
• Have an appetite for physical activity
• Be passionate about their immediate communities
• Be committed to complete the qualification within 10 months
• Be dedicated to delivering physical activity and fitness sessions to their immediate communities for one year following the completion of the qualification
• The programme is free
• The programme duration is 10 months but can be completed sooner
• The programme is NZQA Level 3 accredited and consists of 58 credits
• Travel will be required for assessments in Wairoa
• All Champions will be supported by the KE Health Promotion Team and the Skills Active Area Coordinator
• All Champions will be required to sign a training agreement with KE and Skills Active.